Assistant - Senior : Health & Safety Consultant - #486685
In line with our growth strategy for 2022-23, Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, in the UK & Europe, have an opportunity for an Health & Safety Consultant within our Cardiff office. The opportunity will be focused around furthering existing client relationships and driving further growth and technical acumen in our current team, currently enjoying great success across multiple sectors within the region.
- A Winning Attitude - you have a ‘can do’ attitude and carry out tasks with enthusiasm, paying attention to detail.
- Customer Driven - you understand the importance of your role in the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Ambassador for F+G - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does.
- Meet the Challenge - you proactively manage your own development, seeking out feedback on your performance and taking every learning opportunity.
- Aware - you show an interest in how your contribution fits into the team and business unit priorities.
- Delivers - you juggle your own workload, priorities and routine tasks.
- A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment by encouraging, supporting and respecting colleagues.
- Engaging - you take the time to listen to instructions, are not afraid to ask questions to clarify your understanding and convey information accurately and concisely.
- Adaptable - you respond positively to, and are supportive of, changes to routine and new ways of working.
- Providing support to experienced colleagues within your team and/or office. Proof-reading documents to check they are complete and accurate.
- Completing general administrative duties.
- Assisting in the preparation of bid documentation.
- Applying and developing your knowledge and understanding of risk assessments.
- Applying and developing your knowledge and experience of CDM/Health and Safety.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Developing and adapting your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Increasing your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and the benefits these bring to clients.
- Developing your awareness of Faithful+Gould's financial management procedures and business systems/processes.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Chartered/Professional Qualification in Design or Construction.
- Possess a NEBOSH qualification ( minimum National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety).
- A member of APS either IMaPS / CMaPS.
- A member of IOSH.
- Working towards your Chartership.
- Strong technical experience of CDM and Safety in Design.
- Sound understanding of the main Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to prepare/present emails and documents; demonstrating a good understanding of the written and spoken English language.
- Mathematical ability and accuracy in all your work.
- Flexible to travel across Faithful+Gould client locations.
- A valid driving license is preferred.
Why work for Faithful+Gould?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
Meeting your needs:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
YourReward at SNC-Lavalin (snclavalin.com).
More about us:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.