Configuration Lead - #562340
Date: 1 week ago
Contract type: Full time
Work schedule: Full day
Cardiff, South Wales
Panasonic Manufacturing | On Site in CardiffAre you looking for a new opportunity that offers meaningful work with true purpose? We would love to welcome you to our multinational team!
Your growth is our growth. We invest in your future by enhancing your skills and abilities through training opportunities and interesting challenges
At Panasonic, we believe in the power of collaboration - only together can we continue to expand our innovative edge and exceed our customers’ expectations. We are a powerful brand with a rich company culture, based on our 7 principles. It's not just about what we do, but how we do it. To fulfil our social responsibilities, we will continue to do what we have done for over 100 years - to enrich people’s lives at home and at work, and move society forward
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOINGThe scope of role will be direct responsibility for the Configuration, Production Engineering and Finished Goods team with focus on Quality, Cost & Delivery. The role will require daily collaboration with Production Planning, QA, Engineering, and Raw Material warehouse to ensure smooth and cost-effective production output and on time shipments
The Operations Lead will be able to demonstrate and substantiate the implementation of sustainable business improvements, through effective leadership and people management
The role requires day to day on hand management of Configuration, Finished Goods and Production Engineering by aligning resources effectively ensuring set productivity output, quality and costs expectations are met, all whilst ensuring that highest H&S standards are adhered to
The remit of the role is to deliver operational excellence by effectively managing daily production plans and aligning manpower, equipment and budgetary constraints to achieve on customer promise
Duties and responsibilities of the Configuration Lead include daily configuration capacity and capability review in line with the weekly/monthly production plan, ECN management, continuous improvement of process and layout to deliver agility, efficiency, on time delivery and quality
Reporting to Operations and Systems Manager, this role requires excellent communication skills, as well as being a strong leader with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Leadership and Management of Configuration, Production Engineering and Finished Goods resources to deliver business goals and customer requirements.
- Aligning the manpower, equipment, budgetary and environmental requirements with the forecasted monthly/weekly production plan.
- Maintenance and continuous development of daily/weekly/monthly KPI’s to ensure business deliverables.
- Collaboration with other teams (i.e., Systems and Quality teams) to drive continuous improvements and high-quality standards.
- Retention of staff through improving team’s morale, development, training and progression.
- Ensure correct policy and procedures are adhered to in accordance with ISO standards and compliance.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Education/ Relevant Experience:
- Academic and (or) vocational qualification will be an advantage.
- Experience in a leadership role ideally in a computer and (or) electronics manufacturing environment is essential.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing modern manufacturing and material management techniques.
- Experience of ISO standards and production processes.
- Vast experience in quality
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of cost drivers and demonstrated success of cost reduction and increase of production output.
- Basic understanding of financial terminology.
- Very good organisational skills, able to organise and prioritise own and team workload.
- Ability to motivate a team through positive, can-do attitude and leadership.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English.
- Desire to proactively seek improvements benefitting overall business success.
- Understanding of strict adherence to compliance.
- Communicates information clearly.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Working Hours: 08:00 – 16:15 Monday – Friday
- Flexi-time system.
- Company pension contributions of up to 10%.
- Free parking on site.
- Annual leave entitlement of 24 days (+ bank holidays), increasing up to 30 (+ bank holidays) with length of service.
- Death in service benefit of 4x annual salary.
- Enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, bereavement, adoption, surrogacy, and sickness.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Long Service Awards.
- Exclusive 'Staff Sales' site for Panasonic products.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Personal Medical Insurance (100% contribution)
- Car and fuel allowances.
ABOUT USPanasonic is one of the largest and leading electronic product manufacturers in the world. The depth and variety of our research capabilities, manufacturing expertise, high quality and sophisticated products have remained strong since 1918. Our mission is to create the Panasonic business of "tomorrow." By integrating business, technology, and creativity, we will realize ideal lifestyles and societies solving social issues globally. Learn more about Sustainability at Panasonic.
Panasonic Manufacturing UK Ltd. (known as PMUK) established itself in Cardiff in 1974 and has prided itself on providing quality products to provide enhanced living for our customers, always making people central to our activities. Focusing on our innovative electronics technology, we strive to provide a wide variety of products, systems, and services in various spaces and areas, such has homes, communities, businesses, and automobiles.
PMUK is currently home to three separate business divisions:
- Home Appliance Division (HAD) focuses on the cooking appliance market and is specifically involved in the design, development, and production of high-quality microwave ovens and induction hobs.
- Mobile Solutions Business Division Europe (MSBD EU) specialises in providing integrated computer solutions, specifically involving configuration of TOUGHBOOK and TOUGHPAD products, docking solutions, and services to match their customers’ full solution requirement. The Panasonic TOUGHBOOK range sets the industry standard for ruggedised laptops and tablets used by automotive, defence, emergency services, forklift, transport and logistics, manufacturing, utilities, and other key markets.
- Panasonic Connect Europe Customer Service Centre (PCOEU-CS) is a repair centre for PCOEU, which provides business products and solutions to help businesses capture, compute, and communicate every piece of visual, voice, and text-based data using a range of broadcasting equipment, interactive displays, and projectors.
Please find here more information about Panasonic as an employer
+DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
Fairness and equality are in our DNA. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive workplace where people feel empowered to bring their whole selves to work. We want to ensure that our people are respected for who they are as individuals, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community. We are committed to promoting inclusion for the success of our business
Panasonic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, or any other characteristics.
YOUR CONTACT TO HR