Digital Designer - #562444
Compare My Move
Permanent, 37.5 hours pw
30,000 - 35,000 DoE
Who we are and what we do
Compare My Move is a comparison service founded in 2012 for UK movers to compare and connect with moving industry professionals they can trust.
Having come from a removals background, we started comparing removal companies for home movers and quickly added surveying and conveyancing as additional services. With more services on the way our mission is to become the home of moving home. We’re building the best network of verified partners from local trusted professionals, whilst saving home movers time and money on moving services and becoming a recognisable brand within our industry and beyond.
To help us meet our mission goals we are always on the hunt for the best people in their fields to help champion our business.
At Compare My Move we encourage everyone to take ownership of their own role, enabling you to develop original strategies and ideas. We offer a collaborative work environment where everyone is challenged while having a flexible approach to managing workloads.
We are proud of the success we’ve had to date and are now looking to take the business to the next level. There’s never been a better time to jump on board to help us get there and share in the rewards.
About the role
Do you have a passion for all things design? Are you looking to grow your digital design skills and knowledge in a strong fast growing team? If so, Compare My Move, an online comparison service for people moving home, are looking for a new Digital Designer.
This role will see you create, develop and deliver on-brand design solutions intended to inform, inspire and convert our target audiences through design, marketing and brand campaigns.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Digital Design Manager and wider team taking responsibility for new design ideas and their creation.
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
Create amazing designs that speaks to our target audiences;
- Creating compelling responsive web layouts
- You’ll be designing for great customer experiences and SEO
- Create original graphic designs (info-graphs, images, icons and illustrations)
- All design is in-house so you’ll be following our brand guidelines of fonts, colours, tone-of-voice, and images
It doesn’t end there, we’ll need you to;
- Create attractive email designs
- Use Sketch for new designs and prototyping
- Create engaging social media graphics
- Create new content designs and illustrations
- Design call to actions to help conversion rates
- UI and UX designs on forms
- And much, much more…
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience in some of the following:
- You will need to have understanding of best UI and UX practises
- We will need you to have a good understanding of accessible design principles
- Understanding of responsive web design should be a breeze for you
- You will have a strong knowledge of design software including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS would be expected but not a deal breaker if not as training provided
- We are all about transparency and ownership so you will be able to see a project through from conception to delivery
- We need people who know what they are doing so a minimum of 3+ year commercial experience will be a must
- We are a close knit team who work collaboratively but you will also need to work on projects on your own so need to happy doing both
- We won’t ask you to juggle too much but you will need to be confident at working on various projects at the same time
- We aren’t a business without our customers so you will need to have a customer focused mindset
- We want people who love their job and have a real sense of ownership and pride in their performance and its impact on the company's success