Quantity Surveying Degree Apprenticeship - #600164
Thinking of going to university? But also want to gain practical skills and earn at the same time? We might just have the programme for you. The Kier Degree apprenticeship programme offers you the opportunity to study for a degree, completely cost free, all whilst gaining practical experience in our industry.
Job Title: Quantity Surveying Degree Apprentice
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Competitive + Benefits – Up to x2 salary reviews per year and earning potential of £35k+ pa upon completion of the course!
Over the 5 ½ years on the programme you will gain valuable practical skills as well as academic knowledge from our training provider, Sheffield Hallam. You can also expect:
- Working on exciting and meaningful Kier projects alongside industry leading teams
- Attending x4 weeklong block releases at university each year, with Kier providing you with accommodation
- Support and guidance to help you achieve professional membership/chartership
- Upon completion and graduation, you will hold an accredited Level 4 and Level 6 (BSc) in your chosen discipline
And the best part of the programme? It’s on us, meaning you won’t pay a single penny in tuition fees!
As a Quantity Surveying Degree Apprentice, you can expect to work across the entirety of the commercial and pre-construction departments providing assistance with risk and value management as well as cost control, analysis and estimates. You’ll be supporting the commercial teams with their day-to-day activities and can expect to regularly visit sites and carry out practical work.
What are we looking for?
To be eligible for our Quantity Surveying Degree Apprenticeships you must be at least 18 years of age and hold a Level 4 in GCSE Maths and English, along with one of the following:
- 2 A-Levels
- Level 3 BTEC National Certificate/Diploma/Extended Diploma Or Advanced Diploma in a construction related topic
- Other Level 3 BTEC qualifications will also be considered, preferably with some work experience
Applicants without formal qualifications will be considered on merit, taking into consideration work experience and previous qualifications.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please get in touch at [email protected] to discuss and arrange these.
We’re proud to be able to offer our fantastic employees a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. Some of our favourites include:
- A huge range of discounts and cashback on some of your favourite brands
- A competitive annual holiday entitlement with opportunities to buy/sell leave.
- 24/7 virtual GP service for you and your family
- A fantastic matched pension scheme
And so much more! You can read the full details of all of our benefits on our website.
Who is Kier?
As a leading UK infrastructure services, construction and property group, our purpose is to sustainably deliver construction and infrastructure services which are vital to the UK.
We are collaborative, trusted and focused, and we will empower you to achieve your career goals, and listen to your thoughts, ideas and challenges.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We’re proud of the steps we’ve taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier’s diversity and inclusion (D&I) initiatives, and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies and initiatives. You can see more about our D&I action plan here.
Closing Date: 17 February 2023
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.